|ESPN.com: Page 2||[Print without images]|
|Wouldn't you love to see Colt Brennan run his high-powered offense against a top-ranked team?|
• The state of Hawaii was the last state to enter the union (August 20, 1959). The University of Hawaii is the last unbeaten team in Division I-A.
• The state of Hawaii consists of 8 main islands. U. of Hawaii won all 8 games in WAC play en route to the conference championship.
• The state of Hawaii was created by undersea volcanic eruptions. U. of Hawaii has erupted for 47.2 PPG this season, tops in Div. I-A.
• The state of Hawaii has two languages, English and Hawaiian. The Hawaiian alphabet has 12 letters. U. of Hawaii will try to complete a perfect regular season on Saturday vs Washington, its 12th opponent.
• The state of Hawaii produces more pineapples than any other state. U. of Hawaii plays the Washington this weekend. Washington produces more apples than any other state.
• The state of Hawaii's economy revolves around tourists who are there to get away from the everyday rush. U. of Hawaii's offense gets away from the rush completely, with the 2nd-fewest attempts in Div. I-A (238).
• The state of Hawaii's governor, Linda Lingle, was born in 1953. U. of Hawaii's head coach, June Jones, was born in 1953.
-- ESPN research