|ESPN.com: LeBrun||[Print without images]|
Get all of the latest trade talk and free-agency buzz right here at Rumor Central.
MONTREAL -- Still no trades to report as we hit the afternoon.
"Quiet -- for now," one NHL GM told ESPN.com at 1 p.m. ET.
Here are some other nuggets to digest:
• Roberto Luongo has one year left on his deal, but the Canucks are working hard at extending him. Sources confirmed that both sides are in talks on an extension.
• It appears Martin Biron may very well test the free-agent waters come Wednesday. He remains unsigned by the Philadelphia Flyers. Interestingly, Biron switched agents two days ago, dumping Gilles Lupien and going with Mark Witkin.
"We're preparing to go to market, but I'm sure we'll talk with the Flyers before July 1," Witkin told ESPN.com today. "It's too early to tell right now what's going to happen."
• The Blackhawks also held more talks Thursday with the agents for goalie Nikolai Khabibulin and winger Martin Havlat, but no progress was reported.
• Another update on Scott Niedermayer: There's nothing new as of this afternoon. He's still undecided on his playing future, although, interestingly, he received a call Thursday night from Hockey Canada president Bob Nicholson, who no doubt reiterated Team Canada's desire to have the defenseman at its Olympic orientation camp in August.
• Our line of the day? We e-mailed Penguins GM Ray Shero and asked him if anything was up with his team. His response: "Yeah, we won the Cup."