The New Jersey Nets have come up with the coolest idea of the year. It's called "Your Ticket to a Player."
For $25,000, you get four courtside tickets for 10 games, parking, access to a private lounge, free food and drinks, and a one-hour appearance by a Nets player of your choice at your home, office, school or party.
Your own Nets player! Of your choice! For an hour!
Imagine the possibilities of what you could have your NBA star do during his one-hour at your home or office:
- Change chandelier light bulbs.
- Finally get your snow blower back from that jerkwad next door.
- Pose for a picture with you dunking over him (stepladder unseen in photo.)
- Play on your lunchtime pick-up team at the Y. Keep the court the entire hour.
- Stop by your lunch meeting with the big client you've been trying to land and have him say, "Whassup, Playa?"
- Stand by the company fridge and guard your lunch.
- Finally get you past the hateful doorman at the cool club.
- Get your Frisbee off the roof.
Tell me what you'd do with your own NBA player. We'll run the best ones.
See all of Rick Reilly's Too Short for a Column
More random mind dumps from the brain of Rick Reilly. Go fish!
Be sure to check out Rick's Life of Reilly