ESPN reviewed the submissions and discussions on your state/region's conversation page. The four figures on Utah's Sports Rushmore are below:
John Stockton (Utah Jazz) -
The ten-time NBA All Star played 19 seasons in Utah, while becoming the NBA's all-time leader in assists and steals.
Karl Malone (Utah Jazz) -
Named one of the NBA's 50 greatest players, the two-time MVP (1997, 1999) is the Jazz's all-time leading scorer and rebounder.
LaVell Edwards (Orem, Utah State Aggies, BYU Cougars) -
The two-time National Coach of the year led the Cougars to 257 wins, 19 conference titles and the 1984 National Championship.
Steve Young (BYU Cougars) -
The Pro Football Hall of Famer was the 1983 Davey O'Brien winner and set 13 NCAA records while at BYU. While with the San Francisco 49ers, he was a two-time NFL MVP and led the 49ers to a Super Bowl title.
Other standouts (even more nominees in conversation)
Danny Ainge (BYU Cougars)
- 1981 Wooden Award Winner, set NCAA record with 112 consecutive games scoring in double digits, broke BYU and WAC all-time scoring records
Ty Detmer (BYU Cougars)
- 1990 Heisman Trophy winner, holds Cougars record for most career passing yards, touchdown passes and total offense
Arnie Ferrin (Salt Lake City, Utah Utes)
- Led Utes to 1944 NCAA title as a freshman; Only 4-time All-American in Utes history; Won '59 & 50 NBA titles with Lakers
Gene Fullmer (West Jordan)
- Won middleweight title in 1957 over Sugar Ray Robinson
Rick Majerus (Utah Utes)
- Led Utes to 10 regular-season conference titles and 10 NCAA Tournament appearances, including 1998 National Champ. game
Jim McMahon (Roy, BYU Cougars)
- Set 71 NCAA passing records, became the Bears' third-leading all-time passer, led team to a Super Bowl XX win
Andre Miller (Utah Utes)
- Had triple-double while leading Utes to 1998 Championship Game
Larry H. Miller (Salt Lake City, Utah Jazz)
- Owner of Jazz since 1985, team has made the playoffs 19 times and won 8 division titles in his 23 seasons
Dick Motta (Midvale)
- 1970-71 Coach of the Year in the NBA, won 1977-78 NBA title with Bullets
Merlin Olsen (Logan, Utah State Aggies)
- A 2-time All American, Outland Trophy winner in 1961, 14-time Pro Bowler
Jerry Sloan (Utah Jazz)
- One of the winningest coaches in NBA history, led the Jazz to NBA Finals appearances in 1997 and 1998.
Keith Van Horn (Utah Utes)
- 3-time Conference POY, Utes' all-time leading scorer, led Utah in scoring and rebounding all four years