Free stream of five songs from Re:Generation Music Project
ESPN is using five songs from the Re:Generation Music Project's ambitious music collaborations in its BCS Championship Game coverage and all of the songs are available to hear below in a free stream.
Amir Bar-Lev ("My Kid Could Paint That," "The Tillman Story") is directing a documentary film for the Re:Generation Music Project and the video for Mark Ronson's take on jazz, "A La Modeliste," premiered during ESPN's broadcast of the LSU vs. Alabama BCS Championship Game on Monday at the Superdome in New Orleans (watch it below the stream). The song features the guitarist-DJ-producer teaming up with Erykah Badu, Mos Def, Trombone Shorty, members of the Dap Kings and Zigaboo Modeliste recorded at Piety Street Studios and Preservation Hall in New Orleans.
Re:Generation Music Project, which was launched last fall and produced by GreenLight Media & Marketing, LLC in association with the Grammys, has enlisted five of the most influential electronic producer/DJs in music to work with other notable and legendary artists and create and "examine and reimagine the history of different musical genres."
Here are details on the other collaborations, according to a news release from Re:Generation:
- "Skrillex teams up with Ray Manzarek and Robby Krieger along the Venice Boardwalk in Los Angeles and then later collaborates on 'Breakn' A Sweat' with John Densmore for what will amount to the first original recording featuring members of The Doors since 'An American Prayer' was released in 1978."
- "Denver-based Pretty Lights traveling to Nashville, visiting the Country Music Hall of Fame and going into the studio with the legendary Dr. Ralph Stanley and LeAnn Rimes for 'Wayfaring Stranger'."
- Martha Reeves of the Vandellas and The Funk Brothers get a visit in Detroit from breakbeat pioneers The Crystal Method for an R&B horn sassy and down-bass 'I'm Not Leaving'."
- "DJ Premier heads down the Paul Revere trail from Boston where he conducted the Berklee Symphony Orchestra to his New York City studio to capture lyrics by Nas [on 'Re-generation']."
Bar-Lev's documentary is being produced by RSA Independent Films and is scheduled to be screened during Grammy Week in February in Los Angeles.
Listen to the five tracks below through Jan. 14 (different versions of some browsers may provide better listening results).
Check out the videos for four Re:Generation Music Project songs (the video for Skrillex's "Breakn' a Sweat" has not been released yet.):
"A La Modeliste" by Mark Ronson, featuring Erykah Badu, Mos Def, Trombone Shorty, members of the Dap Kings and Zigaboo Modeliste
"Wayfaring Stranger" by Pretty Lights, featuring LeAnn Rimes and Dr. Ralph Stanley
"I'm Not Leaving" by The Crystal Method, featuring Martha Reeves and The Funk Bros.
"Re-generation" by DJ Premier, featuring Nas and The Berklee Symphony Orchestra
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Winston investigation results due Thursday
- UNC strikes again, topples Michigan State
- Tomlin fined $100K; Steelers may lose picks
- Kobe rules himself out Friday against Kings
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
More From ESPN Music