Savor 2008's best ear candy now
Take it from pro basketball mercenary Paul Shirley: Don't wait to enjoy the good things in life. So grab a box of Nerds and check out Shirley's top five CDs from 2008.
When I was a child, my Christmas stocking was stuffed with all manner of items, but a few things were consistent. I could count on Santa's bringing something whimsical like a yo-yo or Silly Putty. There was always a book -- I think that's how "Where the Red Fern Grows" came into my life and turned me into the type of kid who is capable of crying while reading a novel. But most reliably, there was candy. Good candy.
|THE PORTABLE PAUL SHIRLEY|
Paul's basketball adventures are now in paperback.
The Kills -- Midnight Boom
Kings of Leon -- Only by the Night
TV on the Radio -- Dear Science
2. Listen to "Dear Science."
3. Become frustrated after three songs.
4. Say: "Stupid critics. They just like it because they don't understand it." But I implore you -- give "Dear Science" a chance. You'll be rewarded. It's a wonderful record. (In further imploring, I would ask you to see the band live at any opportunity. I would describe the experience, but I've already beaten the "Oh I've seen these guys live, aren't I cool?" horse to death.)
Santogold -- Santogold
Lykke Li -- Youth NovelsHer real name is Li Lykke Timotej Zachrisson, she's 22, and she's Swedish. Your interest should be piqued. here. With his brother, he also co-hosts an online radio show, "Off Topic with Matt and Paul Shirley."
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Royals edge Giants, grab 2-1 Series lead
- Mariota throws 5 TDs as Oregon trumps Cal
- PGA ousts prez for Poulter 'girl' comments
- Kobe salutes Nash: Ailing PG gave it his all