Penn State's Johnson out indefinitely after eye surgery
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. -- Aaron Johnson, Penn State's leading rebounder last season, is out indefinitely after undergoing surgery to fix a detached retina in his right eye.
University officials did not say how Johnson was injured, but said Tuesday that he had undergone surgery at Penn State Hershey Medical Center in Hershey, Pa.
Johnson averaged 8.3 points and 7.5 rebounds last season as a walk-on freshman.
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- UNC's McDonald reinstated; Hairston still out
- AD backs SIU coach after tirade goes viral
- Laettner's jersey from 'The Shot' at auction
- No. 3 Ohio State pulls away from Delaware
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Penn State Nittany Lions Blue Long Sleeve Shootaround Shirt