UCLA freshman to be out at least six weeks
LOS ANGELES -- UCLA forward Matt McKinney is expected to miss six to eight weeks because of a broken bone in his left foot.
The 6-foot-8, 208-pound McKinney, who redshirted last season, is in a walking boot. The school said no surgery is planned.
McKinney, who played last spring on the Bruins' volleyball team, first injured his foot in June during a summer league game. He felt discomfort again in September during the team's individual workouts.
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Butler's Etherington (foot) to miss 3-4 months
- NCAA president calls for 'scholarships for life'
- Rick Pitino: 'Passion, enthusiasm' still high
- College of Charleston's Wojcik not recruiting
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings UCLA Bruins Alley Oop Youth-Sized Rubber Basketball