Dodgers' Matt Kemp to have MRI of ankle on Friday
Dodgers manager Don Mattingly said Tuesday that the scan will help determine whether Kemp can accelerate his rehabilitation from micro-fracture surgery in October. Kemp, who sustained the injury in July, has been limited to batting practice in spring training and hasn't been able to run.
"I'm sure he's getting tired of taking BP and not being able to do anything with the rest of the guys," Mattingly said.
An All-Star in 2011 and 2012, Kemp is not expected to travel for the season-opening series against Arizona in Sydney on March 22-23.
"I'm assuming once we get the green light to go forward, it's still going to be a progression to get him ready," Mattingly said.
Copyright 2014 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Source: Tigers' Iglesias to sit out until break
- D-backs' Corbin exits start with tight forearm
- Orioles 3B Machado (knee) suffers setback
- Rivera honored, but Yanks no-hit in Panama
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- The Highland Mint Matt Kemp Los Angeles Dodgers Triple Play Photo Display