Indians place 3B Chisenhall on paternity list
Chisenhall is batting .400 (6 of 15) so far this season for the Indians, who open a four-game series Thursday in Chicago against the White Sox. Chisenhall has gotten a hit in all five games he's played.
Chisenhall remained in Cleveland with his wife, Meredith, for the birth of the couple's second child. Players can remain on the paternity list for up to three days.
The Indians acquired Sellers on March 2 from the Dodgers. He appeared in 13 games this spring with Cleveland, batting .450 (9 of 20) with three doubles and three RBIs. He opened the season at Columbus and hit .158 (3-for-19) in six games.
Copyright 2014 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Free-agent Sandoval to pick team next week
- Sources: White Sox snag LaRoche for $25M
- Ibanez among 3 finalists for Rays manager
- Obama tees it up with retired Jeter in Vegas
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's Los Angeles Dodgers Away Fan Royal T-shirt