Rockies purchase contract of RHP Jair Jurrjens
DENVER -- The Colorado Rockies have promoted Jair Jurrjens from the minors, and the right-hander will make his first major league start in more than a year Friday night against the Los Angeles Dodgers.
The Rockies acquired the 28-year-old Jurrjens in a trade with Cincinnati on Wednesday. Jurrjens signed a minor league deal with the Reds on May 20 and made six starts for Triple-A Louisville, going 2-3 with a 4.46 ERA.
Jurrjens last pitched in the big leagues on June 29, 2013, when he was with Baltimore.
Jurrjens will be the 13th different starter the Rockies have used this season.
Copyright 2014 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Ryu, Dodgers 1st to have 3 11-game winners
- Jones' 2 homers power Orioles past Angels
- Ortiz (2 HRs) passes Yastrzemski in Sox rout
- Verlander moves to 3rd in Tigers K's in win
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Era Youth Cincinnati Reds 59Fifty Diamond Tech Home Red Batting Practice Hat