Royals and INF Esteban German agree to $1 million contract, avoiding arbitration
German batted .264 with four home runs, 37 RBIs and 11 stolen bases in 348 at-bats last season. He is a career .286 hitter in 277 major league games with Oakland, Texas and Kansas City.
German asked for $1.2 million in arbitration and the Royals offered $837,500. Right-hander Zack Greinke and outfielder Mark Teahen are the only Royals players still in arbitration.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Tigers' Iglesias says he has stress fractures
- Braves' Medlen, Beachy see Dr. Andrews
- Verlander tabbed to start 7th opener in row
- Mets' Niese cleared to throw, sources say
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Kansas City Royals Pullover Royal Discover Jacket