Cubs promote Rehman to assistant GM
CHICAGO -- The Cubs have promoted Shiraz Rehman to assistant general manager.
The 34-year-old Rehman joined Chicago last November as assistant to the general manager after spending six seasons in the Arizona Diamondbacks' front office. He also worked under Cubs president of baseball operations Theo Epstein and general manager Jed Hoyer as an intern in the Boston Red Sox's baseball operations department in 2005.
Chicago now has two assistant general managers, with Randy Bush continuing to serve in a role he has held since December 2006. The Cubs announced the move on Thursday.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Source: Ibanez, Angels nearing 1-year deal
- Braves get catcher Doumit in Twins trade
- Reports: 3B Chavez to re-sign with Arizona
- Source: Cubs' Castro sues after $3.6M seized
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- GameWear Chicago Cubs Classic Frozen Rope Baseball Necklace