Dodgers OF Matt Kemp has left shoulder surgery
During the 60-minute procedure at the Kerlan-Jobe Clinic in Los Angeles, Dr. Neal ElAttrache repaired a tear of the labrum in Kemp's shoulder and some minor damage to the rotator cuff, the team said.
Kemp will begin physical therapy in a week-to-10 days and is expected to start swinging a bat in early January. The Dodgers open the season April 1 against San Francisco.
Kemp, a right-handed hitter, batted .303, with 23 home runs and 69 RBIs this season.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Court rules MLB can depose A-Rod's cousin
- Japan's Tanaka wants to move to MLB in 2014
- Hernandez, Phillies finalize 1-year, $4.5M deal
- Source: O's, closer Balfour agree to deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rico Los Angeles Dodgers Laser Tag Plate