Shannon, Doucet, McNamee among 10 Frick finalists
COOPERSTOWN, N.Y. -- Longtime St. Louis Cardinals broadcaster Mike Shannon, Canadian announcer Jacques Doucet and radio pioneer Graham McNamee are among the 10 finalists for the Ford C. Frick Award.
The honor is presented by the Hall of Fame for excellence in baseball broadcasting. The finalists were announced Tuesday and the award will be presented at the winter meetings on Dec. 4.
Tim McCarver won the award last year.
The other finalists this year are Tom Cheek, Ken Coleman, John Gordon, Bill King, Eric Nadel, Eduardo Ortega and Dewayne Staats.
Cheek, King and Doucet were the top three in online voting by fans. The other seven were picked by a Hall research committee.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Kershaw: No problems after simulated game
- Yanks' Nova to DL with elbow ligament tear
- Two ejected from Brewers-Pirates for brawl
- Tigers release Opening Day shortstop Gonzalez
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Youth St. Louis Cardinals Matt Carpenter #13 Red T-Shirt