Shannon, Doucet, McNamee among 10 Frick finalists
COOPERSTOWN, N.Y. -- Longtime St. Louis Cardinals broadcaster Mike Shannon, Canadian announcer Jacques Doucet and radio pioneer Graham McNamee are among the 10 finalists for the Ford C. Frick Award.
The honor is presented by the Hall of Fame for excellence in baseball broadcasting. The finalists were announced Tuesday and the award will be presented at the winter meetings on Dec. 4.
Tim McCarver won the award last year.
The other finalists this year are Tom Cheek, Ken Coleman, John Gordon, Bill King, Eric Nadel, Eduardo Ortega and Dewayne Staats.
Cheek, King and Doucet were the top three in online voting by fans. The other seven were picked by a Hall research committee.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Braves get catcher Doumit in Twins trade
- Reports: 3B Chavez to re-sign with Arizona
- MLB average jumps 5.4 percent to $3.39M
- Rockies get OF Stubbs in trade with Indians
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Men's St. Louis Cardinal Navy Mountain Stretch Fit Hat