Royals make Henry full-time bullpen coach
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The Royals have hired Doug Henry to be their bullpen coach next season.
Henry served as the interim bullpen coach the final two weeks of last season. He takes over on a permanent basis for Steve Foster, who was appointed the club's minor league pitching coordinator and special assistant to general manager Dayton Moore on Aug. 31.
Henry has been part of the Royals organization since 2008, primarily with Triple-A Omaha.
The Royals are still searching for a new hitting coach after choosing not to renew the contract of Kevin Seitzer last week. Manager Ned Yost says he'll likely promote someone from within the organization to take his place.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Ortiz, Red Sox anticipate emotional Monday
- Reyes to be activated by Blue Jays on Saturday
- Reds closer Chapman cleared to throw BP
- Yanks' Teixeira tests leg, 'couldn't be happier'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Boys' Kansas City Royals Game-Winning Run Royal T-Shirt