Cubs announce deal with C Navarro
Navarro's salary for next season is $1.75 million. He could earn another $250,000 in performance bonuses.
The 28-year-old has spent all or part of the last nine seasons in the major leagues, playing for the Yankees, Dodgers, Rays and Reds. Last year, he split the season between Cincinnati and Triple-A, batting .290 with two home runs and 12 RBIs in 24 games with the Reds.
The switch-hitting Venezuelan was a 2008 All-Star with Tampa Bay.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Rangers take Seahawks QB Wilson in draft
- Cano thanks N.Y., finalizes big Mariners deal
- Rule 5 pick Nieto on Biogenesis clinic list
- Source: Joba, Tigers agree on 1-year deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's Chicago Cubs Classic Full-Zip White Hoodie