Marlins expecting Pierre to take physical Monday
MIAMI -- The Miami Marlins are planning on having Juan Pierre take a physical on Monday, amid reports that they have agreed on a $1.6 million, one-year deal that would reunite them with the 35-year-old outfielder.
Pierre was with the Marlins for three seasons ending in 2005, helping the franchise win the World Series in 2003. A career .297 hitter, Pierre batted .307 in 130 games last season with the Philadelphia Phillies.
Pierre stole 37 bases last season, tied for fifth-most in the National League.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Japan's Tanaka wants to move to MLB in 2014
- Roberts joining Yankees for post-Cano era
- Source: O's, closer Balfour agree to deal
- 2B Infante to help Royals take 'next step'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- GameWear Miami Marlins Team-Colored Frozen Rope Bracelet