Nolan Ryan to serve up beef cookbook in 2014
NEW YORK -- A new book by baseball Hall of Famer Nolan Ryan will be a bit of a sizzler.
The game's all-time strikeout king is also a longtime Texas rancher and has compiled dozens of his favorite recipes for "The Nolan Ryan Beef Cookbook." Little, Brown and Co. announced Monday that the book is scheduled for May 2014.
The 65-year-old Ryan also plans to work in a few baseball stories, from his years pitching for the New York Mets, California Angels and other teams to his current job as CEO and president of the Texas Rangers. His previous books include the memoirs "Miracle Man" and "Throwing Heat."
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Source: Tigers' Iglesias to sit out until break
- D-backs' Corbin exits start with tight forearm
- Orioles 3B Machado (knee) suffers setback
- Rivera honored, but Yanks no-hit in Panama
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Texas Rangers Cooperstown Dugout Raglan White/Royal Tri-Blend T-Shirt