Wood, Indians agree to $560,000, 1-year deal
Wood was claimed off waivers from Kansas City on Nov. 2. The 27-year-old had elbow ligament-replacement surgery in May and missed the entire season.
Wood, drafted by the Royals in 2006, spent two seasons in the Kansas City bullpen and appeared in 106 games. He had a 5.07 ERA in 51 appearances as a rookie and a 3.75 ERA in 2011.
Cleveland had until midnight Friday to offer contracts to unsigned players, including eight eligible for arbitration: closer Chris Perez, outfielder Shin-Soo Choo, right-hander Justin Masterson, relievers Tony Sipp and Joe Smith, third baseman Jack Hannahan, catcher Lou Marson and infielder Mike Aviles.
Cleveland has not gone to arbitration since 1991.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Yankees fan returns lost Red Sox title ring
- Lane change: Ex-OF gets 1st start for Padres
- Dodgers land 2B Barney in deal with Cubs
- Rays activate Peralta from DL; Bedard DFA'd
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's Cleveland Indians Dri-FIT Tempo Navy Performance Shorts