Wood, Indians agree to $560,000, 1-year deal
Wood was claimed off waivers from Kansas City on Nov. 2. The 27-year-old had elbow ligament-replacement surgery in May and missed the entire season.
Wood, drafted by the Royals in 2006, spent two seasons in the Kansas City bullpen and appeared in 106 games. He had a 5.07 ERA in 51 appearances as a rookie and a 3.75 ERA in 2011.
Cleveland had until midnight Friday to offer contracts to unsigned players, including eight eligible for arbitration: closer Chris Perez, outfielder Shin-Soo Choo, right-hander Justin Masterson, relievers Tony Sipp and Joe Smith, third baseman Jack Hannahan, catcher Lou Marson and infielder Mike Aviles.
Cleveland has not gone to arbitration since 1991.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Stanton's walk-off GS lifts Marlins over M's
- Pujols belts No. 497 in Angels' rout of Tigers
- Mets trade 1B Davis to Pirates for reliever
- Rays turn back Yanks behind Loney's 4 RBIs
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Replica Cleveland Indians Justin Masterson #63 Home White Jersey