RHP Jason Marquis stays with Padres
The 34-year-old Marquis went 6-7 with a 4.04 ERA in 15 starts for San Diego last season. The Padres signed him as a minor league free agent on May 31 after he went 2-4 with an 8.47 ERA for Minnesota and was released.
Marquis was put on the disabled list Aug. 23 with a broken left wrist that ended his season. Two weeks earlier, he pitched a two-hit shutout against Pittsburgh.
Marquis is 112-109 with a 4.60 ERA in 13 major league season with Atlanta, St. Louis, the Chicago Cubs, Colorado, Washington, Arizona, Minnesota and the Padres.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Braves add Ervin Santana to bolster rotation
- Mets pitching coach apologizes for Asian slur
- Brewers' Garza confident despite 19.06 ERA
- Tulowitzki hit by pitch on leg, is day to day
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Franklin Chicago Cubs Aero-Strike Bat and Ball Set