Former Texas Rangers owner Brad Corbett dies at 75
HOUSTON -- Brad Corbett, who owned the Texas Rangers from 1974 to 1980 and was known for frequently switching managers, has died. He was 75.
Corbett's daughter, Pamela Corbett Murrin, told The Associated Press that her father died peacefully in his sleep on Christmas Eve. She said he had not been sick recently.
As an owner, Corbett went through six managers in six years.
He also was part-owner of a Fort Worth company that sold PVC piping to the oil and gas industry.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Braves get catcher Doumit in Twins trade
- Reports: 3B Chavez to re-sign with Arizona
- MLB average jumps 5.4 percent to $3.39M
- Rockies get OF Stubbs in trade with Indians
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Women's Texas Rangers White Ice Jacket