Judge rules against Matheny in financial dispute
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch (http://bit.ly/WbF7gZ ) reports that Judge Tom DePriest ruled in favor of Business Bank of St. Louis and against Matheny and his wife, Kristin. It isn't clear how much the ruling will cost Matheny but the newspaper says it could be millions.
Matheny and a partner borrowed nearly $12 million from the bank for a planned development in Chesterfield. But the plan suffered when the recession hit. Matheny stopped making payment on the loan.
The bank sued in 2010 and foreclosed on the property. Matheny and the bank have been arguing in court over how much he should owe.
Information from: St. Louis Post-Dispatch, http://www.stltoday.com
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Phils' Rollins: No idea why I'm benched
- Twins' Sano optimistic on return after surgery
- Indians' Giambi out 3-4 weeks with broken rib
- Braves add Ervin Santana to bolster rotation
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- FANMATS St. Louis Cardinals Printed Car Mats 2-Pack