Cardinals agree to 1-year deals with Boggs, Mujica
Boggs gets $1,475,000 after earning $506,000 last season. Mujica got a $3.2 million deal after making $1,625,000 a year ago.
Boggs appeared in a career-high 78 games last season and his 2.21 ERA ranked sixth among NL relievers. Mujica had a 1.03 ERA in 29 games after arriving in a trade-deadline deal from Miami, shoring up the St. Louis bullpen and not allowing a run in his first 18 games with the Cardinals.
Freese, the MVP of the 2011 World Series and NLCS, asked for $3.75 million and was offered $2.4 million. Motte submitted $5.5 million and was offered $4.5 million. Rzepczynski requested $1.3 million while the Cardinals proposed $900,000.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Cubs not sure when ailing Castro will return
- Garza goal: Kick Cubs' 'teeth in every time'
- Twins lock up closer Perkins on 4-year deal
- Boras: Morales, Drew willing to wait for deals
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's St. Louis Cardinals Tri-Blend Logo Navy T-Shirt