Rockies, OF Tyler Colvin agree to deal
Colvin will earn $2,275,000 this season. He made $481,000 last season.
Colvin hit .290 with 18 home runs and 72 RBIs last season. He played all three outfield positions and first base.
On Wednesday, the Rockies agreed to one-year contracts with righty Wilton Lopez and lefty Josh Outman. Lopez was picked up by Colorado last month in a deal that sent pitchers Alex White and Alex Gillingham to Houston.
Outman appeared in 27 games last season for the Rockies, going 1-3 with an 8.19 ERA.
Chacin asked for $2.6 million and was offered $1.7 million.
Fowler asked for $5,150,000 and was offered $4,250,000.
Herrera asked for $1 million and was offered $800,000.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Pineda ejected for foreign substance on neck
- Red Sox shut down Yankees behind Lackey
- D-backs spoil Wrigley's 100th with rally in 9th
- Dodgers ruin Hamels' 1st start of season
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Chicago Cubs Camo climalite T-Shirt