AP source: Mets agree to 1-yr deal with RHP Marcum
The person said Thursday the contract is pending a physical. The person requested anonymity because the deal has not been announced. Several media outlets earlier reported the deal.
Marcum went 7-4 with a 3.70 ERA for Milwaukee last season in 21 starts. He missed time with an elbow injury. He also missed the 2009 season after having elbow-reconstruction surgery while with Toronto. Marcum is 57-36 with a 3.76 ERA in seven seasons.
The Mets are the last team to agree to terms with a major league free agent.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Cubs not sure when ailing Castro will return
- Garza goal: Kick Cubs' 'teeth in every time'
- Twins lock up closer Perkins on 4-year deal
- Boras: Morales, Drew willing to wait for deals
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Replica New York Mets Matt Harvey #33 Home Ivory Jersey