Tigers' Peralta says he's never used PEDs
DETROIT -- Tigers shortstop Jhonny Peralta says he has never used performance-enhancing drugs after his name was reportedly found in the records of the man who ran a Florida clinic being investigated by Major League Baseball.
SI.com, citing unidentified sources, reports Peralta was listed in the records of Anthony Bosch, who operated the now-closed anti-aging clinic. Peralta says through attorney Barry Boss that he's never used PEDs -- "and anyone who says otherwise is lying."
According to the SI.com report, Peralta was not directly tied to PEDs in the records.
The Tigers declined comment on the story, citing baseball's ongoing investigation.
The 30-year-old Peralta hit .239 with 13 home runs for the Tigers in 2012, when they won their second straight division title and went to the World Series.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Source: Tigers' Iglesias to sit out until break
- D-backs' Corbin exits start with tight forearm
- Orioles 3B Machado (knee) suffers setback
- Rivera honored, but Yanks no-hit in Panama
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Replica St. Louis Cardinals Jhonny Peralta #27 Home White Jersey