Royals manager has gall bladder surgery
SURPRISE, Ariz. -- Kansas City Royals manager Ned Yost has had surgery to remove his gall bladder.
Yost attended the Royals workout Tuesday morning, but missed the Royals' initial intrasquad game in the afternoon to have the surgery at St. Joseph's Hospital in Phoenix. He was back at Royals camp on Wednesday with an ice pack under his uniform jersey.
Yost said it has been bothering him for two years, but it began "acting up" in spring training.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- MRI shows damage to Corbin's UCL in elbow
- HOF Schmidt recovering from skin cancer
- Orioles' Machado: Don't know about opener
- Multiple batters hit as Pirates-Phils gets testy
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Replica Kansas City Royals Home White Jersey