MLB drug test comes back negative for Gonzalez
Gonzalez and other players were listed in a Miami New Times report as receiving performance-enhancing drugs in purported records of a now-closed anti-aging clinic.
Gonzalez said in a brief statement Friday that the players' association informed him that blood and urine tests he was given two days after last month's report came back clean.
He says he expected the negative results and reiterated he has never taken any performance-enhancing drugs.
The Nationals' lefthander didn't take any questions beyond his statement, citing MLB's ongoing investigation into Biogenesis of America LLC.
ESPN reported Tuesday that Gonzalez was the only client named so far who had not received PEDs.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Marlins turn back Nats with 4-run rally in 9th
- Rangers' Darvish K's 8 in win over Yankees
- Pirates' Worley blanks Giants with 4-hitter
- Cabrera, Dickey help Jays trample Red Sox
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Washington Nationals Dri-FIT True Logo Red Adjustable Hat