Cano's father: Robinson will be Yankee for life
Jose Cano says he hopes Robinson will spend his entire career in New York. Jose thinks his son will get a six- or seven-year contract.
The 29-year-old Cano can become a free agent for the first time in his career after the World Series ends.
Jose Cano made his comments at the Yankees' spring training complex, where the Dominican Republic's World Baseball Classic team is training. Robinson is a member of the squad and his dad is a coach.
The Dominican Republic will play the second of two exhibition games Wednesday against the Yankees in Tampa.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Tigers' Iglesias says he has stress fractures
- Braves' Medlen, Beachy see Dr. Andrews
- Verlander tabbed to start 7th opener in row
- Lefty Lee to start Phillies' opener at Texas
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Seattle Mariners Robinson Cano #22 Navy T-Shirt