Masterson outpitches Ryu in Indians' 4-0 win
The 42-year-old Giambi signed a minor league deal with Cleveland just ahead of the start of spring training with hopes of playing one more season in an 18-year career. He singled and hit a sacrifice fly to pace the Indians offense.
Masterson pitched three-hit ball with four scoreless innings. He struck out three, while inducing three double-play grounders.
Ryu agreed to a $36 million, six-year deal with Los Angeles in December. He allowed two runs on three hits in three innings. The five-time Korean Baseball Organization strikeout leader, struck out five.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Source: Ibanez, Angels nearing 1-year deal
- Braves get catcher Doumit in Twins trade
- Reports: 3B Chavez to re-sign with Arizona
- MLB average jumps 5.4 percent to $3.39M
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Cleveland Indians Cooperstown Big Logo Navy T-Shirt