Indians RHP Herrmann has elbow surgery
GOODYEAR, Ariz. -- Indians reliever Frank Herrmann will miss the entire 2013 season after having Tommy John surgery.
The right-hander, who has pitched in 95 games for Cleveland over the past three seasons, had the operation on Wednesday in New York. Hermann will need at least one year to recover from the elbow-reconstruction surgery. The 28-year-old spent most of last season at Triple-A Columbus, and recorded eight saves. He pitched in 15 games for the Indians in 2012, posting a 2.33 ERA.
Herrmann last pitched on Feb. 25 against Oakland. He was competing for a spot in Cleveland's bullpen during training camp.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Source: Padres acquire OF Myers from Rays
- Source: Giants, Romo finalizing $15M deal
- Suspended 1B Davis cleared to use Adderall
- Braves OF Markakis has surgery to fix disk
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Authentic Street Signs Cleveland Indians Avenue Sign