Cubs IF Stewart, RHP Baker out with injuries
Stewart had not played for the Cubs this spring and re-injured the quad during a minor-league game last week.
The team also announced Tuesday that right-handed starting pitcher Scott Baker, returning from elbow-reconstruction surgery, will be sidelined after developing fluid in the elbow from his first spring start on Sunday.
Baker had elbow surgery this time last year while with the Minnesota Twins.
Baker started against the Oakland A's on Sunday and retired just one batter, giving up three runs and three hits, including a three-run homer by Chris Young.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- MLB briefs managers, GMs on replay system
- Source: Colon, Mets reach 2-year, $20M deal
- MLB plans to ban home plate collisions by '15
- Reports: Yanks nix Gardner-for-Phillips deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Women's Chicago Cubs Cooperstown League Diva Royal/Red Fashion Top