Pena hits 4th homer but Astros lose to Mets 7-5
Matt den Dekker broke a tie with a two-run triple in the seventh inning for the Mets, who erased a five-run deficit. Collin Cowgill's two-run homer off Houston starter Alex White started the comeback in the third.
Pena went deep in the first inning for the Astros, who added three more runs on four singles off Gee in the second.
Gee gave up five runs and seven hits in four innings.
White, vying for a spot in the Astros' rotation, allowed three runs and seven hits in 4 1-3 innings.
Losing pitcher Kevin Chapman yielded four runs in two-thirds of an inning.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Sources: Rangers to sign Choo for $130M
- O's not signing Balfour, cite physical results
- Alleged kidnapping of Rangers' Martin detailed
- Youkilis will play 'one more year' -- in Japan
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- The Highland Mint Jose Altuve Houston Astros Triple Play Photo Display