Arizona 2B Aaron Hill hit by pitch, leaves game
Hill, a 2012 Silver Slugger award winner who is batting .432 this spring, was plunked in the bottom of the first inning Tuesday night. He did not come out to play defense in the top of the second and was replaced by Josh Wilson.
Hill jogged out of the Arizona dugout and toward the clubhouse after the second inning, carrying his gear. There was no immediate word on the severity of his injury.
The 31-year-old Hill agreed to a $40.5 million, four-year contract with the Diamondbacks last month after hitting a career-high .302 last season with 26 homers, 44 doubles and 85 RBIs.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Source: Balfour's deal with O's in jeopardy
- Source: Ibanez, Angels nearing 1-year deal
- Axford, Indians finalize 1-year, $4.5M deal
- Braves get catcher Doumit in Twins trade
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- The Highland Mint Aaron Hill Arizona Diamondbacks Triple Play Photo Display