Cubs claim RHP Moscoso off waivers from Blue Jays
The Cubs announced the move Wednesday.
Moscoso is 11-12 with a 4.16 ERA in 57 major league appearances, including 24 starts, with Texas, Oakland and Colorado.
He went 3-2 with a 6.12 ERA in 23 appearances, including three starts, last season with the Rockies.
Moscoso was with the Kansas City Royals at the beginning of spring training, but was claimed off waivers by the Blue Jays on March 16.
To make room for Moscoso on the 40-man roster, the Cubs placed right-hander Arodys Vizcaino, who is rehabbing from reconstructive elbow surgery, on the 60-day disabled list.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Japan's Tanaka wants to move to MLB in 2014
- Roberts joining Yankees for post-Cano era
- Source: O's, closer Balfour agree to deal
- 2B Infante to help Royals take 'next step'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Men's Chicago Cubs Hayden Royal Adjustable Hat