Cubs claim RHP Moscoso off waivers from Blue Jays
The Cubs announced the move Wednesday.
Moscoso is 11-12 with a 4.16 ERA in 57 major league appearances, including 24 starts, with Texas, Oakland and Colorado.
He went 3-2 with a 6.12 ERA in 23 appearances, including three starts, last season with the Rockies.
Moscoso was with the Kansas City Royals at the beginning of spring training, but was claimed off waivers by the Blue Jays on March 16.
To make room for Moscoso on the 40-man roster, the Cubs placed right-hander Arodys Vizcaino, who is rehabbing from reconstructive elbow surgery, on the 60-day disabled list.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Dice-K defends Mets' Warthen after his slur
- Sandberg: Rollins not benched over remark
- Rays tab ace Price to start opener vs. Jays
- Red Sox's Peavy debuts after fishing injury
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Sparo Men's Toronto Blue Jays Icon Watch