Brewers SS Segura leaves with bruised left quad
Segura was injured when Gerardo Parra made a hard slide into his leg to break up a potential double play in the third inning. Segura was down for a bit, but stayed in Sunday's game after a brief jog in the outfield.
The injury-riddled Brewers then pulled the 23-year-old Segura before the top of the fifth, setting off a chain reaction in the infield. Jonathan Lucroy came in to catch, and Martin Maldonado moved to first base. Yuniesky Betancourt went from third to first, shifting Alex Gonzalez over to shortstop.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Japan's Tanaka wants to move to MLB in 2014
- Roberts joining Yankees for post-Cano era
- Source: O's, closer Balfour agree to deal
- 2B Infante to help Royals take 'next step'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Era Youth Milwaukee Brewers Royal Alternate Tie Breaker 39Thirty Flex Hat