Brewers SS Segura leaves with bruised left quad
Segura was injured when Gerardo Parra made a hard slide into his leg to break up a potential double play in the third inning. Segura was down for a bit, but stayed in Sunday's game after a brief jog in the outfield.
The injury-riddled Brewers then pulled the 23-year-old Segura before the top of the fifth, setting off a chain reaction in the infield. Jonathan Lucroy came in to catch, and Martin Maldonado moved to first base. Yuniesky Betancourt went from third to first, shifting Alex Gonzalez over to shortstop.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Dice-K defends Mets' Warthen after his slur
- Sandberg: Rollins not benched over remark
- Rays tab ace Price to start opener vs. Jays
- Red Sox's Peavy debuts after fishing injury
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Replica Milwaukee Brewers Ryan Braun #8 Alternate Pinstripe Jersey