Darvish leaves early with blister on right hand
ARLINGTON, Texas -- Yu Darvish left his first home start of the season early because of a blister on his right ring finger.
Darvish left after 85 pitches in five innings Sunday night against the Los Angeles Angels.
The blister is in the same area that he had issues with in his first start of the season five days earlier, when he came within one out of a perfect game at Houston.
Darvish was far from perfect against the Angels. He walked four, hit a batter and gave up six hits. He struck out six.
The Angels scored three runs against him, but the Rangers had a 4-3 lead when Robbie Ross relieved Darvish to start the sixth.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Source: Ibanez, Angels nearing 1-year deal
- Braves get catcher Doumit in Twins trade
- Reports: 3B Chavez to re-sign with Arizona
- MLB average jumps 5.4 percent to $3.39M
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- WinCraft Texas Rangers Yu Darvish #11 LifeTiles Beaded Necklace