Angels' Weaver leaves game after avoiding liner
Weaver avoided being hit by the ball, but landed awkwardly on his left arm while going down. The pitcher immediately grabbed his left arm near his elbow and was clearly in some discomfort.
X-rays were negative.
The play happened when Rangers first baseman Mitch Moreland led off the bottom of the sixth with a liner back through the middle right over Weaver's head.
Manager Mike Scioscia and a trainer immediately came to the mound, and Weaver almost as quickly was walking off the field.
Mark Lowe replaced Weaver on the mound.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Dice-K defends Mets' Warthen after his slur
- Sandberg: Rollins not benched over remark
- Rays tab ace Price to start opener vs. Jays
- Red Sox's Peavy debuts after fishing injury
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Era Youth Texas Rangers Royal 9Forty Pinch Hitter Adjustable Hat