Angels SS Erick Aybar leaves with bruised heel
ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Angels shortstop Erick Aybar has left Los Angeles' game against Oakland in the third inning with a bruised left heel.
Aybar, a Gold Glove winner in 2011, got hurt while stretching to reach first base on an infield single Tuesday night in the team's home opener.
Aybar jammed his left foot into the base while running out his leadoff single. He briefly stayed in the game before calling out the training staff and jogging off the field.
Brendan Harris came on as a pinch-runner for Aybar, who singled in each of his two at-bats.
Los Angeles trailed the Athletics 4-0.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Rangers take Seahawks QB Wilson in draft
- Source: Yanks nix Gardner-for-Phillips deal
- MLB plans to ban home plate collisions by '15
- Morse agrees to 1-year contract with Giants
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Los Angeles Angels Mike Trout Herotage Red T-Shirt