Ruiz hit by pitch, X-rays negative
PHILADELPHIA -- Phillies catcher Carlos Ruiz is day to day after getting hit on the left wrist by a pitch in an extended spring training game Friday.
X-rays on his wrist were negative.
The Phillies are off to 6-10 start and had lost four straight entering Friday night's game against St. Louis.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- O's Patton tests positive, banned 25 games
- Beltran joins Yankees: 'Means a lot to me'
- Source: Balfour's deal with O's in jeopardy
- Report: Twins, catcher Suzuki agree to deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Philadelphia Phillies Ryan Howard #6 Alternate Ivory Replica Jersey