Rangers rookie RH Tepesch OK after liner on wrist
Tepesch said he was a little sore as expected, but had nothing on his wrist when talking in the clubhouse Sunday before the series finale against Seattle.
Manager Ron Washington anticipates Tepesch (1-1, 3.07 ERA) will make his next scheduled start Thursday night at Minnesota.
Tepesch left Saturday night's game in the second inning after being struck. The liner hit by Jesus Montero caromed off Tepesch's wrist into shallow right field.
After Tepesch threw a couple of warmup pitches, the Rangers opted to take him out of the game.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Cubs not sure when ailing Castro will return
- Garza goal: Kick Cubs' 'teeth in every time'
- Twins lock up closer Perkins on 4-year deal
- Boras: Morales, Drew willing to wait for deals
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Extended Sizes - Majestic Men's Replica Texas Rangers Adrian Beltre #29 Home White Jersey