Phillies still waiting for word on Halladay
Halladay, on the 15-day disabled list because of inflammation in his throwing shoulder, met with Dr. Lewis Yocum in Los Angeles on Tuesday, but Phillies manager Charlie Manuel said he had yet to hear results of the examination.
"I haven't talked to him but I look forward to talking to him," Manuel said before Philadelphia played San Francisco. "I expect to hear something probably later on today, probably before I go home tonight."
Halladay is 2-4 with an 8.65 ERA in seven starts this season after missing nearly two months last season with a strained back muscle.
The 35-year-old right-hander is in the final season of his contract, making $20 million this year.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Braves add Ervin Santana to bolster rotation
- Mets pitching coach apologizes for Asian slur
- Brewers' Garza confident despite 19.06 ERA
- Tulowitzki hit by pitch on leg, is day to day
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Era Youth Philadelphia Phillies 59Fifty Diamond Tech Red Batting Practice Hat