Cubs' Fujikawa works 2 innings in rehab appearance
Fujikawa allowed one hit and picked off the only Birmingham batter who reached base against him. The right-hander threw 16 pitches and didn't strike out or walk anyone. He said Wednesday through an interpreter after his performance that, "I have no pain right now."
The 32-year-old Fujikawa went on the disabled list April 13 with a strained right forearm. He originally was scheduled to pitch for Tennessee on Tuesday. His appearance was pushed back a day after rain shortened Tuesday's game to five innings.
Fujikawa is 1-0 with two saves and a 12.46 ERA in five appearances with Chicago.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- O's not signing Balfour, cite physical results
- Youkilis will play 'one more year' -- in Japan
- O's Patton tests positive, banned 25 games
- Beltran joins Yankees: 'Means a lot to me'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Triple Peak Men's Chicago Cubs Jeff Samardzija Royal T-Shirt