Zack Greinke to make 1st rehab start Friday night
LOS ANGELES -- Dodgers pitcher Zack Greinke is scheduled to make his first injury rehab start Friday night for Class-A Rancho Cucamonga at Lake Elsinore.
The right-hander was expected to miss eight weeks.
Greinke, the 2009 AL Cy Young Award winner, signed a $147 million, six-year contract with Los Angeles in the offseason. He is 1-0 with a 1.59 ERA in two starts during his first season with the Dodgers.
The club said left-hander Scott Elbert also is expected to pitch an inning of relief Friday night for Rancho Cucamonga in his first rehab outing.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Mag: Puig subjected to threats, civil lawsuit
- Tanaka leads Yanks; 28 K's in 1st 3 games
- Bradley, Boston win Sox battle in 14
- Astros call up prized outfield prospect Springer
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Triple Peak Men's Los Angeles Dodgers Zack Greinke Black T-Shirt