Gorzelanny on 15-day disabled list; Fiers recalled
CINCINNATI -- The Milwaukee Brewers placed left-hander Tom Gorzelanny on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to May 8, with shoulder tendinitis in his pitching arm after Saturday's 13-7 loss to the Cincinnati Reds.
The Brewers recalled right-hander Mike Fiers from Single-A Brevard County to replace him in the Milwaukee bullpen.
Gorzelanny, 30, was 1-0 with a 2.30 ERA and a blown save in 18 appearances. His last appearance was one inning against Texas on May 7.
Fiers, 27, opened the season with the Brewers and was optioned on April 18 after going 0-1 with an 8.59 earned-run average in three games, including one start.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- MLB plans to ban home plate collisions by '15
- Source: Colon, Mets reach 2-year, $20M deal
- Agent: Dodgers don't plan to trade Kemp
- Agent Boras directs barbs at Jay Z, teams
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Era Men's Milwaukee Brewers 59Fifty Diamond Tech White/Navy Batting Practice Hat