Red Sox RF Victorino cleared to play after exam
BOSTON -- Shane Victorino has been cleared to play for the Red Sox after crashing into the right field wall.
The Red Sox say Victorino was examined at Massachusetts General Hospital where tests on his ribs were negative. He's been cleared to play in the opener of a three-game road series against the Tampa Bay Rays on Tuesday night. Boston was off Monday.
Victorino remained in the game after the two-run homer gave Toronto a 5-0 lead in the fourth inning. He was replaced in the seventh.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Trumbo heads to D-backs in 3-team trade
- Mulder, out since 2009, attempts comeback
- GM: Cabrera on target for spring training
- Rakuten prez: No decision on Tanaka's future
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- WinCraft Boston Red Sox 2013 World Series Champions Player Collector Towel