Astros RHP Norris leaves game with back spasms
It wasn't initially clear what was wrong with Norris, who pitched five innings and threw 71 pitches Monday night. But at the start of the Detroit sixth, there was a brief conference on the mound, and he ended up leaving the game. The nature of his injury was eventually announced in the press box.
The Astros also lost standout second baseman Jose Altuve to a jaw injury earlier in the game.
Norris was 4-3 with a 3.40 ERA coming into the game, giving Houston some stability in a struggling rotation.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Sources: Rangers to sign Choo for $130M
- O's not signing Balfour, cite physical results
- Alleged kidnapping of Rangers' Martin detailed
- Youkilis will play 'one more year' -- in Japan
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Houston Astros Quarter-Zip Silver Ice Pullover