Marlins minor leaguer gets 50-game drug suspension
NEW YORK -- A minor league pitcher in the Miami Marlins' organization has been suspended 50 games for a drug violation.
The commissioner's office announced Thursday that right-hander Juan Arias has been penalized. Arias is on the roster of the Dominican Summer League Marlins.
Arias was suspended after testing positive for metabolites of Stanozolol, a performance-enhancing substance.
The suspension was the 20th this year under the minor league program.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Feldman to start Astros' opener vs. Yankees
- MRI shows damage to Corbin's UCL in elbow
- HOF Schmidt recovering from skin cancer
- Hank the dog arrives to Milwaukee welcome
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Women's Miami Marlins White/Orange Crush T-Shirt