Cardinals' starter Gast leaves game early
The Cardinals say Gast has tightness in his left shoulder. The rookie left-hander was trying to improve on his 2-0 record. He faced six batters on Saturday at Dodger Stadium, and left with the score tied 1-all.
Gast threw 24 pitches, allowing one hit and one run. He walked two and had no strikeouts.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Source: Balfour's deal with O's in jeopardy
- Source: Ibanez, Angels nearing 1-year deal
- Axford, Indians finalize 1-year, $4.5M deal
- Braves get catcher Doumit in Twins trade
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's St. Louis Cardinals Full-Zip Red Ice Jacket